Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1984

September 28, 2010
1748hrs

I’m suppose to read on my topic for literature review, compile some information about UN and the arms trade and read on stuff about feminism.

But I didn’t do all of those stated above. I was online, chatting with my high school friends in Facebook. All the 84-ers hahaha...

I don’t really remember how it started.

From Jessie’s status I think. She was shooing Ritchie and Patrick’s away from her wall sebab diorg tgh menjejak kasih there.

And then Jess post up another status... “Menjejak Kasih Veteran2 SMKK” hahahaha... I didn’t realized we’re THAT veteran.

I asked Jess to change the vateran part to ALUMNI SULUNG hahaha... Gila tak leh terima hakikat tua hahaha. And then Zana jumped in to our conversation, agreeing with me. Ritchie and Patrick were already there. And then Andrew and Hisham join us ^^

It was fun. Nice... fun... and I felt like I was back in 1997. High school wasn’t that great for me actually. No, wait... It was awesome! There are some bad memories but I think, most of it worth treasured.



Kami menumpang di SM Teknik Bintulu sementara menunggu SMK Kidurong siap. this was in 1997... I guess. or maybe this was taken masa Merdeka celebration in our own school. Tak ingat dah hehehe


I wasn’t what kid’s today labeled as The Popular Kids. I was the nerdy type. Much much much or waaayyyy to quiet. I didn’t talk that much like I do today. I wasn’t the social type also. I was in my own world with books. I was a librarian since junior high school till senior high. I love spending time in the library, going through books.

Apart from successfully being a nerd in school, I was also well known for my temper (among my classmates). I was called Singa Betina back then. Some still call me by that name whenever they meet me -_-

And I was uglier than I am now hahahahaha. I was wearing Betty La Fea spectacle since standard 4. I wanted a new spec so I purposely broke it wakakaka... And mum bought me a cooler one (cool la time tu...), bingkai besi-bapak-berat-nak-mampus-punya specs.

What else ya...

Owh, when I was in senior high school, there was a time when Dragon Ball comic sangat hot. Memandangkan aku bukan from rich family, all I can do that time was borrow from my friend. I still remember Oswald (geng baca komik dalam kelas), everytime he bought/borrow the latest Dragon Ball series, he will announce it. So we all cepat2 cop sap abaca dulu hahaha... Pembaca laju mcm aku can finish the comic separuh masa pertama pembelajaran. The slow reader, kadang2 bawa balik untuk baca. I really hate slow reader that time wakakaka...

After Dragon Ball, comes Dr Slump, Slam Dunk etc... Tapi ada satu komik, aku baca since sekolah rendah. That time, pertengahan 90’s, komik macam tu dijual dalam lingkungan 50 sen ke RM1. My fav was Pedang Setiawan. Diperturunkan oleh my big bro.

Music? Metallica, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Green Day, Silverchair, Akarna, AC/DC, OAG (masa diorg Cuma bawa lagu English), Lisa Loeb... a bit of ABBA... was my kind of song. Lagu keras was influenced by my brother. Oldies from my parents. I remember when I was cooking, Enter Sandman was playing. I turn on the volume full blast and then in the end, jiran aku pun tersuka dengan Metallica hahahaha… But only Enter Sandman la. God… those were the days ^^

Aku try keluar dari kepompong aku sendiri during senior high school. I joined lots of school activities untuk various reason. One of it was to keep me away from home. Home, was the last place I wanna be that time. Why? Well, if I tell you, I have to kill you ^^

I became close to some people. One of them was Priscilla. I called her Pris. We made pancake after school, at her house. Pancake kosong. Pancake pisang. Hahahaha... She always stood up for me. I remember one time, aku bawa bekal ke sekolah. Nasi goreng. Very simple one, but made, full of love by me mum. During recess, Brian (my classmate – anak org senang jugak), looked at my nasi goreng and said, “What are u eating?(sambil makan roti sosej made by his mum). Looks like my dog’s food la hahahaha!!!”. Danggg…! I was very hurt. But I didn’t said anything. And then Pris said, “You shouldn’t said that. Whatever we’re having, made with love by our parents. Just like yours. You shouldn’t said makanan org lain macam makanan anjing.”

Simple ayat but cukup kuat untuk buat Brian share his roti sosej yang yummy with us hahahaha...

I hate him for saying that. But now, whenever I remember it, aku kadang2 senyum sorg2 or ketawa. We were young. And naïve. We didn’t know what we said or do, sometimes hurt others. Even if we do know, we did it just because we wanted to fit in into whatever that’s popular back then. So, he’s long forgiven.

I traveled a lot masa senior high school. Thanks to PBSM, Kelab Alam Sekitar and Rakan Muda. I love camping, hiking and mount climbing. Oh, that time, I was very thin. 45kg adalah berat aku paling berat. Paling ringan was around 42kg to 43kg. I did ballet also. I still remember some of the steps. Jangan tanya macam mana aku boleh mengembang hahahaha

Aku stop aktiviti berat when I entered form 6. I still went camping, choiring etc... Tapi rasanya berat badan naik sebab I started dirnking, smoke occasionally and makan tak ingat dunia. I have to... untuk forget unpleasant things yang berlaku di rumah.

Ok… back to high school hahahaha

Class of 97’ was the best. Actually, most of my friend during high school year adalah kawan dari sekolah rendah jugak. So, we know EVERYBODY in the school. 1984 adalah student batch pertama yang masuk SMK Kidurong. During that time, there were only 154 of us, dengan 14 tenaga pengajar. Very small kan? ^^


Kami masa sekolah rendah


Wanna know about Mr Japan? ^^ hehehe..

He was in the same school as me. He was my junior actually. Batch kedua SMKK... If I’m not mistaken. I didn’t notice him that time. Yang aku tau, my friends semua selalu talked about him. Saying how cute he is etc... He’s actually not that cute tapi sebab budak baru, so... People will talk about new kid at school sampai la ada another new kid yang masuk. Ehm, actually, he was kinda cute with his hair yang ala2 Takeshi kaneshiro zaman muda and then dia naik basikal ke sekolah.

But, really, aku cuma dengar people talk about him and wasn’t interested in him. Plus, he was half my size that time hahahaha… I mean, pendek dari aku. But now... ^^ My heart beats faster whenever I see him wakakaka... Ok stop. Gila ko tok Claire!

I wish I have my albums here with me now. Rasa nak belek balik and go back to the past. Life was tough but there always ways for me to avoid it. Responsibility isn’t something I learned the easiest way. I guess we all do.

Class of 97’ akan ada reunion end of this year. I’m not sure I can go. I’ll try to attend. It would be great to see the old face yang dulunya aku rasa bosan nak ngadap sebab hari2 dah ngadap hahaha...

There’s so many things I want to write about my 90’s years. Tapi rasanya aku banyak melalut dah. So, I’ll stop here. Writing about it mengembalikan banyak kenangan lama. The good one. And juga the bad one. At this exact time, I’m remembering all the bad memories. So, I really have to stop.

Class of 97’ – I love you guys!



Aku dalam kelas Perakaunan. This was taken when I was in senior high. From 4 or 5. Tak ingat jugak hehehe



Credits to Ruby untuk gambar sekolah rendah (SRK Kid) and to Jessie untuk gambar high school. I grab those photos from their Fb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin